It’s been said that 2021 felt like the year that wouldn’t end, even as it seemed to pass in the blink of an eye. Even now, with [February 2022] knocking on the door, it’s strange to think that we made it through that year with our business intact to such a wonderful degree. TriCom was blessed last year to have benefited from a strong rebound in demand, a solid model for delivering value to our clients, and an appreciation for the communities we primarily serve: Kansas City and the Twin Cities.
We couldn’t have had such a great year without our clients, who trust us to partner them with exceptional IT talent; or our wonderful technologists, who make our jobs so much easier. And where would we be as a company without our internal team? It’s no exaggeration to say we’d be nowhere. We’re always saying, “It matters who you work with,” and nowhere is that more apparent than in our own offices, whether remotely or in-person.
Don’t Forget Charitable Giving
It’s not enough to simply succeed in business without keeping your communities in mind, however. I’m proud to say that TriCom found numerous ways to give back to both KC and the Twin Cities by donating more than $100,000 to causes, charities, and non-profits in 2021. Some of those include Cristo Rey Kansas City, MOCSA, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Harvesters, and a few others.
The team also donated their time by volunteering for both Big Brothers Big Sisters and Harvesters. In addition, this year was our 20th charity golf event for MOCSA, which was also our last.
TriCom partners with Cristo Rey’s corporate work study program to help students pay for their tuition by working one day per week at our office in Leawood. We urge other businesses to partner with Cristo Rey’s work study program in today’s environment where DEI and talent scarcity threaten the prosperity of many.
It Matters Who You Give To!
Maybe reading all this has put you in the spirit of giving (at least we hope that’s the case). If it has, consider giving to or partnering with one of the great organizations below to make your 2022 a little more charitable:
- KC Cristo Rey High School – TriCom is proud to support KC Cristo Rey High School. Through a work-study program, Cristo Rey works to close the educational gap by ensuring that every child has the chance to succeed – regardless of their zip code. In addition to hosting two Cristo Rey work-study students, we’re honored to support the organization through a monetary donation.
- Minnesota High Tech Association – Through outreach, education, and scholarships the MHTA opens doors for area students interested in pursuing a STEM career. TriCom is one of the leading sponsors for it’s annual scholarship fundraising event, “Bids & Bytes.”
- Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault (MOCSA) – TriCom hosts an annual golf tournament to raise money for MOCSA – Kansas City’s only rape crisis center.
- Ronald McDonald House Twin Cities – The Ronald McDonald House’s mission is clear – no family should be separated when a child is undergoing medical care. Through donors like TriCom, families are provided with a home-away-from-home near the hospital.
- Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art – TriCom is proud to support arts and culture within Kansas City by donating to the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Kansas City – By supporting Big Brothers Big Sisters of Kansas City, you can join TriCom in helping area youth realize their full potential.
- The Humane Society of Greater Kansas City – TriCom is proud to support Kansas City’s first no-kill animal shelter.
- The Charlie Wittwer Wheelchair Athletics Foundation – The Charlie Wittwer Wheelchair Athletics Foundation provides sports training and athletic competition for adults with physical disabilities. TriCom helped support the Flame Throwers Softball team at Nationals!
- KC Women in Technology Django Girls – Django Girls provides free Python and Django workshops and online tutorials for women. TriCom has been sponsoring workshops here since 2019.
- American Heart Association – The American Heart Association (AHA) is the nation’s oldest and largest voluntary organization dedicated to fighting heart disease and stroke. TriCom believes that saving lives starts with a generous heart, which is why we’re proud supporters of the AHA.
- Ride2Boulvardia – This event raises money to support those impacted by cancer. TriCom participates in memory of our dear friend Bob Kimbrough, who we continue to miss dearly.
Giving back will continue to be a central component of who TriCom is, and we pride ourselves on giving back to places that have given us so much to begin with. We are grateful to work and play in such wonderful communities where a sturdy work ethic and sense of duty remain strong. Here’s to a successful year of business behind us and to the generous road of charitable giving ahead!
Looking to make a difference in 2022? Consider donating to one of the deserving organizations above. To learn more about what TriCom can do for you, reach out today!