What a year!
As we reflect on 2019 and all that it brought, we feel incredibly thankful. Thankful for our clients who trust us to introduce them to exceptional IT talent. Thankful for the technologists that allow us to do what we do best – connect them with good work. And thankful for each other – without the tireless support of every member of our team, past and present, TriCom wouldn’t be what it is today.
2019 marked 25 years of successful IT placements – a milestone paved with transformative connections between businesses and the talent they need. Connections that have earned TriCom ClearlyRated’s Best of Staffing award for both Client and Talent satisfaction for the seventh year in a row. This year, TriCom was honored with a TechServe Excellence Award for the second year in a row and was recognized as a 2019 Champion of Business in the Kansas City Business Journal for our record-breaking growth, innovation, and community involvement.
While 2019 is our most successful year-to-date as an organization, it’s not just because of record-breaking growth. It’s because of what this growth enabled us to do – support the organizations in our communities that need it the most.
It’s All About Giving Back
This year, we are proud to report that TriCom Technical Services has donated more than $100,000 to deserving charities in and around the Minneapolis St. Paul and Kansas City area.
We consider it our extreme privilege to share our good fortune with the wonderful causes in our communities. Below is a list of our benefactors – some of our favorite non-profits that we were proud to support throughout 2019!
To our clients, candidates, and the Kansas City and Minneapolis St. Paul communities, thank you for an amazing year. Let’s make 2020 even more epic!
Non-Profits We Love to Support
- KC Cristo Rey High School – TriCom is proud to support KC Cristo Rey High School. Through a work-study program, Cristo Rey works to close the educational gap by ensuring that every child has the chance to succeed – regardless of their zip code. In addition to hosting two Cristo Rey work-study students, we’re honored to support the organization through a monetary donation.
- Minnesota High Tech Association – Through outreach, education, and scholarships the MHTA opens doors for area students interested in pursuing a STEM career. TriCom is one of the leading sponsors for it’s annual scholarship fundraising event, “Bids & Bytes.”
- Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault (MOCSA) – TriCom hosts an annual golf tournament to raise money for MOCSA – Kansas City’s only rape crisis center.
- Ronald McDonald House Twin Cities – The Ronald McDonald House’s mission is clear – no family should be separated when a child is undergoing medical care. Through donors like TriCom, families are provided with a home-away-from-home near the hospital.
- Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art – TriCom is proud to support arts and culture within Kansas City by donating to the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Kansas City – By supporting Big Brothers Big Sisters of Kansas City, you can join TriCom in helping area youth realize their full potential.
- The Humane Society of Greater Kansas City – TriCom is proud to support Kansas City’s first no-kill animal shelter.
- The Charlie Wittwer Wheelchair Athletics Foundation – The Charlie Wittwer Wheelchair Athletics Foundation provides sports training and athletic competition for adults with physical disabilities. TriCom helped support the Flame Throwers Softball team at Nationals!
- KC Women in Technology Django Girls – Django Girls provides free Python and Django workshops and online tutorials for women. TriCom was proud to sponsor a workshop in 2019!
- American Heart Association – The American Heart Association (AHA) is the nation’s oldest and largest voluntary organization dedicated to fighting heart disease and stroke. TriCom believes that saving lives starts with a generous heart, which is why we’re proud supporters of the AHA.
- Ride2Boulvardia – This event raises money to support those impacted by Cancer. TriCom participates in memory of our dear friend Bob Kimbrough, who was one of our most favorite people ever!
TriCom’s other charitable activities include smaller, one-time donations to the Alzheimer’s Association, Safehome, Happy Bottoms, World Wildlife Society, The Greater Humane Society, a Secret Santa in Iowa, and St. Catherine’s Parish.
Looking to start 2020 off strong? Consider donating to one of the deserving organizations above. To learn more about what TriCom can do for you, just send us a message!